- This article features content that will be introduced or featured in Psychonauts 2 announced for release in 2020. As such, this may refer to content that may be changed or removed in the to be released version of the game.
Looking for a guide? See the helpful figments guide created by Game FAQ user Syonyx to find the location of every figment in Psychonauts.
–Coach Oleander during Basic Braining
Figments are physical manifestations of a mind's imagination which appear all throughout mental worlds. They serve as collectibles in the Psychonauts series. They are two-dimensional illustrations that appear in a person's psyche and differ in color and appearance. They represent aspects of the host mind's personality, including personal goals, fears, and memories.
- 1 Gameplay
- 2 Trivia
- 3 Guide
- 4 Gallery
- 5 Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin
- 6 Psychonauts 2
Each figment has a number value assigned to it which contributes to Raz's figment-point counter. For every 100 figment points Raz obtains, he receives a PSI Cadet Rank. As the game progresses, the worth of figments slowly rises.
Razputin keeps a thorough record of each and every single individual figment he collects in his journal which can be accessed from the collection tab in his journal.
Figments do not appear in game, however there are new figments seen floating around in the main menu screen. Loboto's mind, the only mental world to appear in the game, does not have any figments.
Figments will appear in Psychonauts 2. The figment counter will also return.
- Waterloo World contains the most figments Psychonauts, with a total of 243, whereas Sasha's Shooting Gallery has the least with only 69.
- The Meat Circus has figments shaped like Double Fine's mascot, the Double-headed baby, and one shaped like the Strongman from Scott Campbell's comic series.
- Not all figments are stationary. Some can be seen moving about, and observing the patterns in which they move can help you catch them.
- A few of of the levels, including Milla's Dance Party, Black Velvetopia, and the Meat Circus have figments in extremely difficult areas to reach. Each of these levels may require the player return to collect all the figments.
- There are a total of 1537 figments in Psychonauts, 26 Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin, and a currently unknown amount in Psychonauts 2.
- Loboto's mind in Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin is the only mental world which does not have any figments. However, his mind does have figments in Psychonauts 2.
Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin
Figments appear in the main menu, however not in the actual game.
There is a figment counter in Psychonauts 2 that tells the player how many figments have been collected and how many remain, something that did not exist in Psychonauts.
No figments have been added yet. Most of the figments revealed in the Psychonauts 2 trailers revolve around themes of teeth, dentistry, and Loboto's childhood.
No figments have been added yet. Some of the figments revealed in the Psychonauts 2 trailers revolve around a casino theme.
No figments have been added yet. Most of the figments revealed in the Psychonauts 2 trailers revolve around themes of love, peace, and music.
No figments have been added yet. Some of the figments revealed in the Psychonauts 2 trailers revolve around themes of mail, packaging, germs, and bowling.
No figments have been added yet.
No figments have been added yet.