- This article features content that will be introduced or featured in Psychonauts 2 announced for release in 2020. As such, this may refer to content that may be changed or removed in the to be released version of the game.
–Milla to Raz about his fear of water.
Camilla "Milla" Vodello is a famous Brazilian Psychonaut agent, who is partnered with Sasha Nein. She is also part of the staff at Whispering Rock. She is known as the Mental Minx, and is known for her Levitation prowess and psychedelic 1960's mod style and fashion sense. She is very laid-back and enjoys partying and dancing. Being that she is the only female staff member at Whispering Rock, she is the most motherly, very big on rules and keeping her kids safe at all costs.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Background
- 3 Personality
- 4 Story
- 5 Milla's Mind
- 6 Psychic Abilities
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Unused Dialogue
Milla has brown hair, light brown skin, large eyelashes, and green eyes. Milla wears a red dress with circles patterns, white boots, white gloves, and large earrings in Psychonauts and in Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin.
In Psychonauts 2, she wears a layered outfit composed of a striped pink and yellow skirt with a blue blouse. She additionally wears pink and blue hoop earrings and blue boots decorated with pink circle patterns.
–Character blurb from the original Psychonauts website.
Before becoming a Psychonaut, Milla took care of children at an orphanage. One night after she got back from grocery shopping, the orphanage was on fire (the cause of which remains unexplained) and all the children perished in the flames. Due to her psychic powers, Milla heard them screaming to her for help as they burned to death, scarring her deeply. Milla was deeply traumatized and blamed herself for the deaths, but she tries her best not to let the incident take over her mind and remain a positive person.
Milla has a soft and caring demeanor. She is a mother figure at Whispering Rock, and always does her best to keep the campers safe. This is shown by how she barricaded off Lake Oblongata so the children wouldn't be able to reach Thorney Towers. She is also the one who called Raz's father to pick him up from camp. She is protective of Raz and Lili and does her best to keep them safe. She is very kind toward her colleagues and even her enemies.
Milla Vodello is first seen in the intro cinematic. She appears as one of the camp counselors in Whispering Rock Summer Camp.
After Raz finishes Sasha's Shooting Gallery, Sasha and Milla will disappear on "Official psychonauts business". If Raz visits Milla's Mind at this point, he will ask her: "Agent Vodello? Where are you?" To which Milla will reply that she was sitting at the docks when suddenly everything went black. She also asks Raz to give her body a shake when he finds her.
The player is allowed to go through the level normally, collecting any Figments, Vaults and Mental cobwebs left.
Later in the game, Raz will discover Milla, Sasha and Lili locked at the top of Thorney Tower. Sasha and Milla's brains have been stolen by Dr. Loboto and Raz needs to get them back and progress with the story.
Directly after the ending of Psychonauts, Milla is seen riding on the jet heading to the Rhombus Of Ruin. After crashing and landing in the Rhombus, Milla is thrown into a hallucination due to the Psylirium deposit beneath her. Her hallucination consists of her trying to save children from a speeding train. Raz frees her from her hallucination by playing a radio song she likes.
Milla will appear in Psychonauts 2.
- Main article: Milla's Dance Party
Milla's mind is a lively party. Students at Whispering Rock refine their Levitation skills in her brain. Raz completes the race and earns his Merit Badge of Levitation.
- Levitation: The power she is known for at Whispering Rock. This is her specialty.
- Marksmanship: Uses it against Oleander. Her PSI blast color is pink.
- Shield: She uses this to protect Raz and Lili from Coach Oleander towards the end of the game.
- Telepathy: She is able to telepathically communicate with Raz in Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin. She was also able to telepathically hear the screams of her dying children from inside the burning building.
- Telekinesis: She uses telekinesis to list Raz and Lili away from Coach Oleander.
- Alexis Lezin is Milla's voice actor.
- Using Clairvoyance on Milla reveals that she sees Razputin as a baby to be protected.
- As a result of her losing all her adopted children to a fire she feels she could have prevented, she has developed nightmares.
- Milla discovered her psychic powers in early adulthood.
- Using pyrokinesis on her reveals that her dress is made of polyester.
- She is a mother figure at Whispering Rock, and always doing her best to keep Campers safe. This is shown by how she has barricaded Lake Oblongata so the children can't go to Thorney Towers. She is also the one who called Raz's father to come get him.
- According to a Vault found in her mind titled Milla's Adventures!, she might have a possible romantic interest in Sasha.
- She uses a lot of terms from the 1960s-1970s. This is likely because the entire series takes place in the year 1980.
- She is the only female instructor at Whispering Rock.
Concept Art and Promotional Materials
Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin
Milla has a fair amount of unused dialogue cut from Psychonauts.
|I don't care! I don't care who's looking!|
|Oh, some of these places can be so exclusive!|
|Anyway, I'm sure once you show them what a rock star you are, doors are gonna open for you baby.|
|You know I love you, darling, but you have to make the camera love you too.|
|In fact, you have to make all the cameras love you.|
|Being a rock star isn't easy!|
|I know you can do it!|
|I need rock stars like you at my party!|
|Razputin dominates the airwaves!|
|Get down here!|
|Which do you like better--spinach or onion dip?|
|You know, I was hoping someone would bring that spinach dip in a bread bowl thing to the party, but nobody did.|
|Then again, last time I had that, I walked around for an hour with spinach stuck between my teeth!|
|Hey, you two! Get a room!|
|Oh, thank you babydoll! So do you!|
|Yeah, yeah, yeah. Call me!|
|Oh, I'm so glad you guys could make it!|
|Yeah, isn't it?|
|Just throw your coat on the bed there.|
|What are you talking about? You look great!|
|Okay, that's definitely not Francois' wife!|
|Oh my. Are THOSE two back together?|
|No, no, no. Don't drink that. I saw someone put a cigarette out in there.|
|Yay, shake that thing, beautiful.|
|Down the hallway to the right!|
|No, no. That's a closet.|
|Now go mingle in the real world for a while.|
|And tell Sasha I say hello!|
|Who's going to adopt these poor children?|
|Hey, what's that smoke over the village?|
|Ahh! The orphanage! It's on fire!|
|The children! Some one save the children!|
|Please! Some one help!|
|Oh god no!|
|I can hear them!|
|Can't you hear them!|
|Don't cry, my darlings!|
|Please stop crying!|