- This article features content that will be introduced or featured in Psychonauts 2 announced for release on August 25th, 2021. As such, this may refer to content that may be changed or removed in the to be released version of the game.
– Raz, referring to the Motherlobe's name in response to Ford Cruller.
The Motherlobe is the headquarters of the Psychonauts organization. The building is shaped like a large brain. The interior is spacious and has various indoor atriums. ThinkerPrints are used in place of keycards to allow Psychonauts entry into restricted areas. Otto-Mattic machines can also be found throughout the Motherlobe.
- 1 History
- 2 Residents
- 3 Sub Locations
- 3.1 Lobby
- 3.2 Nerve Center
- 3.3 Office of the Grand Head
- 3.4 Office of the Second Head
- 3.5 Aquarium
- 3.6 Milla's Meditation Chamber
- 3.7 Sasha's Office
- 3.8 Mail Room
- 3.9 Levitation Lounge
- 3.10 Storage Room
- 3.11 Cruller's Cuts
- 3.12 Astral Lanes Bowling Alley
- 3.13 Classrooms
- 3.14 Noodle Bowl
- 3.15 Bathrooms
- 3.16 Otto-Matic Workshop
- 3.17 Hall of Brains
- 4 Trivia
- 5 Gallery
- 6 See Also
The Motherlobe was constructed as the main headquarters for the Psychonauts organization. More information will be added upon the release of Psychonauts 2.
Main article: Lobby
The Lobby of the Motherlobe. It is managed by the receptionist.
Main article: Nerve Center
The command room of the Motherlobe. The Nerve Center houses a large window with a view of the outside wilderness and main hub. The interior has a large table projecting a hologram of a brain. There area several monitors attached to the walls near the window, with control terminals nearby said monitors.
Office of the Grand Head
Main article: Office of the Grand Head
The office of Truman Zanotto, the grand head of the Psychonauts.
Office of the Second Head
Main article: Office of the Second Head
The office of Hollis Forsythe, the second in command at the Psychonauts.
Main article: Aquarium
The aquarium is an area host to many species of fish.
Milla's Meditation Chamber
Main article: Milla's Meditation Chamber
Main article: Sasha's office
Main article: Mail Room
The mail room is where the Psychonauts process all their incoming and outgoing mail. It was previously staffed by Ford Cruller, but is now run by Nick Johnsmith.
Main article: Levitation Lounge
A place where levitators can hang out.
Main article: Storage room
An off-limits storage room. Interns are not typically allowed inside.
Main article: Cruller's Cuts
An area for Psychonauts to get their hair cut. It was previously run by Ford Cruller.
Astral Lanes Bowling Alley
Main article: Astral Lanes Bowling Alley
An area for Psychonauts to go bowling. It was previously run by Ford Cruller.
Main article: Classrooms
The classrooms are where interns learn how to use their PSI powers. They are managed by Hollis Forsythe.
Main article: Noodle Bowl
The Noodle Bowl is a noodle restaurant.
Main article: Otto-Matic Workshop
Otto's workshop serves as a laboratory for Otto Mentallis.
Hall of Brains
Main article: Hall of Brains
The Hall of Brains is a storage area for thousands of human brains.
- The name "Motherlobe" is a pun on the word "motherload" or "motherlode", typically referring to a mine or quarry containing a large amount and concentration of precious and valuable materials. This is a reference to the Motherlobe being built in the Quarry, which was the site of a massive psitanium deposit.
- The same wanted men that appear on TV screens Ford's sanctuary and in the Milkman Conspiracy also appear on TV screens in the Motherlobe.
- Lucrecia's portrait on the Motherlobe mural is intentionally obscured by a curtain for a currently unknown reason.
- Instead of elevators, Psychics get around by using levitation inside drafted tubes.
- Some of the Psychonauts at the Motherlobe are just re-colors of each other.