The PSI Cadet Rank is Razputin's current rank in Psychonauts. On the road to becoming a Psychonaut, Raz will need to consistently "rank up" in order to earn new psychic abilities and purchase most items at the Main Lodge. The highest rank Raz can achieve, without cheating, is 101.
There are a number of ways Raz can increase his rank:
- Collecting nine PSI Cards and purchasing a PSI Core at the Main Lodge, then redeeming them all at Ford Cruller's Sanctuary.
- Finding PSI Challenge Markers.
- Collecting Figments worth a total of 100.
- Finding eight Scavenger Hunt items will promote Raz four ranks. Finding the remaining eight items will promote the player an additional four ranks.
- In Coach Oleander's Basic Braining, there is a PSI-Punch target practice course that will promote Raz one rank if he chooses to complete the optional challenges.
- By sorting out all the baggage in a mental world.
|10||Pyrokinesis||Allows burning things. Tutorial given by Ford.|
|20||Telekinesis||Allows throwing items. Tutorial given by Ford.|
|30||Invisibility||Hides from other creatures or entities. Tutorial given by Ford.|
|35||Palm Bomb||Upgrades palm bomb damage. Attack multiple times in mid-air to increase damage.|
|40||PSI Blast||PSI Blast will chain to hit three targets.|
|45||Pyrokinesis||PSI Pyrokinesis will be explosive, affecting multiple targets.|
|50||Levitiation||The levitation ball inflicts damage when moving at full speed.|
|55||Shield||The shield knocks back enemies that make melee attacks|
|60||Invisibility||Invisibility lasts twice as long|
|70||PSI Blast||PSI Blast will chain to hit six targets.|
|75||Levitation||The levitation ball inflicts damage even at low speeds|
|80||Shield||The shield damages enemies it knocks back|
|85||Confusion||Doubles confusion duration|
|90||Regeneration||Gradually recovers mental health|
|95||Infinite Ammo||Gives unlimted ammo for PSI blast and Confusion.|
- By entering the cheat code to unlock all of Raz's powers and upgrades, Raz will automatically be set to rank 100, allowing players to technically go beyond the normal level, but without reward.